Sunday, September 8, 2013

Block of the Month Project

This is another class project from Craftsy. Every month instructions for a block are available on the class website.  I have to say this class has been challenging and I learned alot.  Normally I would shy away from some of these blocks because they are more advanced, lots of points and matching.  The instructor gave her methods for simplifying the process.  There were some issues with the printed instructions not giving the correct measurements (since corrected) which was very frustrating.  The class isn't finished yet but I wanted to finish it up so I can move onto other projects.  All of the big blocks were complete and all that was left was the flying geese and half square triangles.
I didn't need the class for that so I jumped ahead and then assembled the quilt.  All that's left is more half square triangles for the border and then assembling the quilt.  I may do some machine embroidery embellishment as I am quilting.  Seeing the whole thing assembled, I think it would make a nice Christmas Quilt.  Maybe substitute poinsettias for the flowers in the basket, add a bow to the "wreath", give me some time and I will come up with other ideas. The class is free on Craftsy, you can download the class materials & instructions and have access to the class video anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment