Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sewing up a Storm

I sure am making up for lost sewing time this summer.  I continued work on a nap roll for my grand daughter after almost giving up on it, or at least this design.  The heart design with secondary patterns of diamonds and zig-zag was perfect for a caterpillar.  It was tedious work piecing it together and I almost gave up several time.  And the thought of matching all of those points and angles was giving me cold sweats.  Leaving it set over the summer was probably a good thing, I wasn't even pinning by the time I finished the assembly.  Below is a pic, still in progress.

The inspiration for this came from a similar project I created for my daughter when she was little.  She was attached to it and asked me to repair it for her a few years ago.  It was in such bad shape I had no choice but to completely remake it.  She was mortified when she saw it in pieces.  It was an old pattern, McCalls I think and it was made to look like a caterpillar.  I've searched the internet hoping to find someone with a copy of sale but no luck.
Here's a pic of the face on the old one.  As you can see it shows it's age.

This is the remake.  I made a new body or pillow roll but kept the original blanket that wraps around and made fabric ribbon ties to replace the ribbon.  The only thing I didn't do was reattach the blanket to the pillow with velcro like the original.  It's just wrapped and tied.  This is my goal for the one I am currently working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment