Monday, April 29, 2013

Chain of Stars Mystery Quilt

This project was a project from an online class on Craftsy.  Directions for each set of blocks was given in a separate clue with the layout instructions in the final clue.  There were a several suggested fabric choices and I chose the traditional option.  The fabrics main fabrics were from the Coventry Court collection by Robert Kauffman with other complimenting fabrics.  Initially I was going to make the wall hanging size but changed to the double/queen because I liked the overall pattern better.
Only the quilt top is completed. While I loved the fabric, it doesn't really match the decor in any of my rooms so it will remain in this stage until I find a home for it.  As you can see, my new design wall is being put to good use.

3 comments:

  1. I am looking for a mystery quilt for the ladies in our church that are learning to quilt, and this is beautiful. This year we have sewn a quilt for the church's 150th anniversary and are hand quilting it. They have enjoyed learning and want to continue sewing when we finish the church quilt. I thought a mystery quilt would be a neat idea. Can you tell me where I can find/purchase this quilt? Is it suitable for intermediate sewers? How long did it take y'all to complete it? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the questions. I had never heard of "Craftsy" before, but thanks to the internet I have been enlightened! Looks like a great site.

      The quilt is beautiful. I made a four patch and stars from an Eleanor Burns book and used a similar color scheme. It makes for a striking combination, and I did not have a room that matched it either. I went out and bought a green coverlet, white dust ruffle and sheers in order to change the room to match my quilt!! (Gotta love quilters!)

      Delete
  2. Sorry I didn't see your message sooner, been a long summer. Glad you found Craftsy on the internet. The class name is Chain of Stars Mystery Quilt by Kimberly Einmo. She has her own website and I believe she also has published books.

    ReplyDelete