Sunday, October 6, 2013

Mission Accomplished

Well, the "caterpillar" nap roll/play mat is done.  I altered a bit from the original with the blanket not being attached to the bolster roll with velcro, no pom-pom trim for caterpillar legs and replaced the ribbon ties with elastic straps for the purpose of safety.  When I went looking for supplies to make the face, I lucked out in finding the felt buttons, hearts and flowers.  They worked perfectly and are safer for a toddler than buttons.




The quilt pattern for the blanket is "Zig Zag Love" which I found on the Craftsy website.  The original size was 25" x 21 1/2".  Not sure of the exact size mine wound up but I adjusted it to fit my purposes.

I will be making another (not right away) for my other granddaughter.  That one will be a ruffled quilt, another design that just screams "caterpillar".

No comments:

Post a Comment